- Periodically gets the zpool status and parses it.
- Sends configurable notifications on status changes.
- Supports the following notification destinations with configurable severity levels:
- local log file
- syslog (remote or local)
- e-mail to SMTP server
- Controls the disk enclosure LEDs (currently using external ledctl utility).
- Web interface for viewing status and displaying logs.
- Disk "locate" LEDs can be controlled through web interface.
- Stand-alone design. Suitable for storage appliances.
Supported operating environments
Linux on x86_64/amd64 platform. In particular the following distributions:
- Debian 6.0 (squeeze)
- Ubuntu 12.04 (precise)
- Ubuntu 12.10 (quantal)
- RHEL/CentOS/Scientific Linux 6.X
ZFS on Linux version 0.6.0-rc10 or later.
The LED control works with the enclosures supported by ledmon. This includes most SAS expanders.
- Debian/Ubuntu .deb package
- RHEL/CentOS/Scientific Linux 6.X RPM package
- Source tarball (latest release)
- Source tarball (trunk)
Release notes are available here
Notifications about new versions are availble by following the project at the project's Freecode page.
Please see the README document for installation, configuration and other information.
Configuration settings are documented in the sample configuration file.
There is also a FAQ which will be improved over time as questions come up.
If you encounter a bug, please open an issue at the GitHub issue tracker.
Reported bugs are fixed on best effort basis.
Commercial support, custom features, custom licensing and complete storage solutions are available from Damicon Kraa Oy. Contact email@example.com.
Source code repository
The source code repository is available at GitHub.
Contributions and suggestions are welcome. Feel free to open an issue or submit a merge request on GitHub.
GPL version 3 (or later).